Reviews - Domestic

Monday, December 29, 2008

Sizzlin' Sauces LLC - Razing Cane Garlic Relish


Stars: 4.9

I'll admit it: I can't usually get enough garlic. This jar was sent to me and received today and only contains perhaps a quarter of its original innards. I found myself shovelling it down my gullet with the insistance that usually is only shown by my three year old when he realizes a piece of chocolate might be lurking nearby. Yes friends, this stuff is quite good!
I was very happy to see just how much garlic was contained in this relish - not skimping. The flavor is balanced with a nice sweetness and a little bit of habanero heat gives it a snazzy finish. I tried it with tortilla chips, a saltine, some chicken I baked for dinner, and then stirred a little into some couscous I had made as well - all of these were energized with garlicky goodness as a result of the introduction of the relish.
I was not at all surprised by the calibre of this stuff at all - Chef Bud Selmi's past samples have been exquisitely prepared, with a really top notch blending of many many different ingredients. I mention to everyone his Creepin' Quag hot sauce every Thanksgiving - it contains cranberry! Goes great on turkey and the like as well as burritos and everything in between.
But I digress - this relish is definitely worth trying if you like garlic, a little heat and a great experience. Check out the Sizzlin' Sauces LLC website at http://www.sizzlinsauces.com/ and get some!

No comments:

Post a Comment